Wow. That’s all I can really say about this. I’ve never been very good at accepting any sort of compliments or recognition so it’s pretty awesome that a complete stranger would nominate me for something. Yup, that’s right, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogging Award. Thank you, Krista Kemp, for adding me to your list of ten.
Versatile Blogging Award Rules:
1. Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you
2. Share 10 random facts about yourself
3. Nominate 10 more bloggers who are fairly new to blogging
Okay, so here it goes!
10 Random Facts about Me!
1. When I was born, I had ‘fire truck red’ hair. Or, at least, that’s how my mother describes it. I no longer have that shade of hair as it’s more of a mousey blonde with some red in it when wet or out in the sun — but I still call myself a redhead!
2. I only have one biological sibling but over the course of my life, I’ve had dozens of brothers and sisters. My parents were always taking in the neighborhood ‘strays’ and giving them a safe place to stay while trying to get them back on track in life and at school.
3. My favorite color is ‘cadet blue.’ It’s actually the name of a Crayola crayon color — an almost steely blue that is impossible to find ANYWHERE!
4. I took piano lessons as a kid because after my Poppy died, I wanted to be able to play ‘Puff the Magic Dragon’ myself — that way, I’d feel closer to him and never lose the memory of his playing me that song again and again as a kid.
5. I wish I had spent more time with my best friend before she died. Like most people, I assumed I’d have more of a chance, despite all the health problems she’d had years before. She was on the right track and getting better every day — and then she was gone.
6. I’ve only been with one guy as far as physical intimacy goes in my entire 32 years on this planet. We were each other’s first and then he cheated on me. In the interim while we weren’t together, he slept with a number of people and had a kid with someone else. I hate that about him and get angry with myself because I know he can’t change it. His kid should have been mine, though, and we still don’t have any.
7. Sometimes I’d like to just pack up everything that means a damn to me, put it in my car, and drive as far as I can until I run out of money for gas — that’s where I want to put down roots and really start my life over. I feel like if I wound up where nobody knows me I could change my perspective of myself and be the kind of person that others are more attracted to or appealed by.
8. I hate wearing shorts. I wear blue jeans all year, even when our summers get to be in the 100s. I feel like moving to Florida is going to be a terrible decision because of this — Who the hell wears pants year round in Florida?!
9. I wear glasses. I tried to get contacts as a kid but I have terrible allergies. My eye doctor told me because of these little white bumps on my eyelids that I’d never be able to have contacts. That annoys me to no end. While I think I look silly without my glasses on, I’m frustrated that I don’t even get that option like everybody else!
10. I’m very outspoken when it comes to how people treat or respond to others who are different. I was raised to accept everyone no matter what. I got so upset about a conversation I had with a friend the other day in regards to Caitlyn Jenner that I spent twenty minutes in tears, unable to understand how a person who got picked on for being different as a kid could be so cruel in regards to a 65-year-old making such a life altering step.
Okay, so there are my ten facts. I tried to make them a little more substantial than just ‘my favorite movie is Encino Man’ and ‘I love Greek food.’ I’ll definitely edit this entry later when I’ve collected my ten nominees. I haven’t had much luck looking around to find anybody yet so you’ll have to bear with me!
EDIT — Slow process but you’ll find my ten nominees right here once I’ve got them all!
- lifeofliss : her blog includes some thoughtful posts about current topics, personal opinions, and a few cute DIY projects I’m ready to try for myself.