Awhile back, I saw a 30 day blog challenge. I knew full well that I wouldn’t be able to carry out something like that. I’m not even doing well on the book reading challenge that I started at the beginning of the year — I’m still in the middle of three books but for some reason I keep stalling on actually reading any of them. So instead of a failed attempt at actually completing the challenge in 30 days, I decided to pick a few of the topics that actually seemed inspiring to write about. One of those options was ‘a few items off my bucket list.’ Here goes!
My Bucket List.
1. Get a passport. I would say ‘travel the world’ but to do that, I’d first need a passport. There are only a few places outside of the country that I’d really like to see. Top of the list? Chawton Cottage in England — final home of Jane Austen. I’d also like to visit Pompeii, Venice, Rwanda, anywhere in Ireland that’s lush and green, and Canada (mostly because of Anne Shirley).
2. Take a road trip across the country. I’d love to stop at a few of those cheesy roadside attractions like the biggest ball of yarn or the largest ant farm in the world. Also, Niagara Falls and the Grand Canyon.
3. Build a tiny house. I LOVE tiny houses. I’m not a small person, though, so I always tell people I need a ‘big girl tiny house.’
4. Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity. The company I work for takes United Way donations every year. I make a point of telling them I want my yearly donations to go to Habitat for Humanity because then I know it’s actually going somewhere useful. And I always get a letter in the mail telling me exactly what my money went for, which is really cool!
5. Take a cruise. I don’t care where to, though having the passport mentioned in #1 would be useful. Those Viking River Cruises? They look awesome.
6. Go to the Bronx Zoo to see the Lowland Mountain Gorillas. I’ve loved silverbacks since I was a kid and my Aunt even adopted one through the Dian Fossey foundation for me as my 10th birthday present. His name is Kubaha and he was only a year old at the time. I still have the information for him.
7. Get to a healthy weight. This is a lifetime goal more than a bucket list goal. I would like to someday be able to walk into a room without covering my stomach and adjusting my shirt in discomfort a thousand times.
8. Open a campground. My boyfriend and I have been discussing this a lot lately for the move to Florida. We have a few things mapped out but it’s definitely a pipe dream.
9. Go back to school for pastry arts. I love cake decorating but I’d also really like to learn some of the fancier things. I want to be able to do it all and potentially got a job at Disney. How awesome would it be to make all the pretty desserts for somebody’s Disney dream wedding?
10. Become a Mom. This is one of the things on my bucket list that I’m sure will never happen at this point in my life. But that doesn’t stop me from wanting it to happen. I would be perfectly okay with adopting or fostering a child.
11. Finish writing my book. It’s a P&P variation but I still would like to get it all down on paper just to say I’ve done it, even if nobody else ever reads it.
12. Take scuba diving lessons. I’m a fish and have always loved to swim. I think it would be neat to do some deep-sea diving and swim down with all the big fish. Of course, I’d have to get some prescription diving goggles but that’s okay!
13. Be happy. I feel like this is something that should be on everyone’s bucket list. It’s something we all strive for, every day of our lives. To live it fully and happily.
So there you have it. A few items off of my bucket list. Yes, there are more and I’m sure I’ll always be adding things here and there. But I don’t want to bore you with too much. Feel free to let me know some things from your bucket list or maybe even if we have some that are similar/the same!